Sunday, September 30, 2012

Fall-ish 2012

Happy Fall!  Fall is our favorite time of the year.  We love watching the leaves change color and we love when the tempurature takes a much needed dip so we can sleep with the windows open!

This fall-ish:

We celebrated 8 years of wedded bliss.  I love this man more than words can say.  I'm so thankful that God brought us together.  He is a true and faithful partner, and I can't imagine going through life with anyone else.


We took pictures of our clones.

We took a long car ride up to Macinac Island.

Braylee started soccer.  She has been nicknamed 'Tank' by her coach, and my brother saw a video of her playing and said she looked like a bulldozer...that's our Braylee (I think she's only made 3 girls cry. So far.).



And Harper turned 4 months old (where did those months go?!)  She's getting a little more vocal.  She LOVES food (liquid or solid), and she wants it right when she wants it. 





We also said good-bye to our family's best friend this past week.  She had been diagnosed with Lyme Disease 2 1/2 years ago, and the symptoms were really starting to show.  Over the last 6-9 months it had been getting much worse.  She was having a lot of accidents and we tried a couple different medications.  It was SUCH a hard decision, but we know that she's not suffering now.
Lucie was the BEST dog.

She loved our kids like they were her own.  They could use her as a step stool,
or a pillow and she didn't mind.  She never barked.  She was a 60+ pound lap dog and love to be near us.   

Now, I don't have anyone to eat the crusts off the kids' sandwiches.  Or the crumbs they make with every meal (SO MANY CRUMBS!)  And, I don't have anyone to wait for me on the mudroom rug until I get home from the grocery store.  And, I don't have her to protect me while Scott's out of town for work.  And I don't have anyone to sleep on the floor by my side of the bed.  And I don't have anyone to follow me wherever I go.  She was such a loyal, loving dog...there is a hole in my heart and I don't think another dog will ever top her place.

We love you, Lucie Goosie.  We miss you so much!

*tear*

~Kristen 






No comments:

Post a Comment