Monday, December 27, 2010

It's ALWAYS something!

A picture 5 days after 'the incident'

Scott had me go to the store by myself today (have I ever mentioned how much I love that man?!) and when I returned I was unloading all the groceries from the car by myself.  In my head I was grumbling about how he should be out there helping me, he should have heard the garage door open, who does he think he is, he's perfectly capable of walking out to the garage, etc...  Sheesh!  But when I enter the house I see that he is laying on the couch with one leg propped up on a pillow with an ice pack on it.  Apparently, Burdles threw the gate closed on his leg just as he was coming down the stairs which made him fall over the gate and down the last 2 stairs to the floor.  He now has a HUGE knot over his knee and had to call into work because he would be in no condition to run after the little kids on the unit.  Is there such thing as Protective Parent Services?!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you decided to blog. I would love to keep up to date on how you are doing but I understand that there aren't enough hours in the day for that. I am sorry that you had such a hard year but glad that you made it through with you heads above water. God is good! I hope that Scott's leg heals up quickly with no more ER visits. Happy New Year to all of you and sending you lots of love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete